Workshops & Classes
We offer generous accommodations to both our visiting/teaching artist and our student artists.
- No more than 2 artists per 6' table
- Table top easels (up to 24" canvas)
- Comfortable seating
- Abundant daylighting
- Beautiful, clean, color neutral LED ceiling lighting
- Air conditioning
- Kitchenette with refrigerator
- Snacks, Coffee, Tea, Water provided throughout the day
- Comfortable lounge areas outside
- Covered patio archway with breathtaking west-facing views
- Plenty of parking
The Studio also hosts a "Free Little Library" of art and design related books and a "community cabinet" of free supplies and ephemera. Destash your studio and share here (and take some treasure home too!) Bring one, take one!
Gift Certificates are now available for your gift-giving needs! Send email to request more information and pick between a downloadable certificate or a hard copy of a professionally printed gift certificate. Gift certificates can be applied toward classes or any of the artwork or other merchandise sold at the Studio!
We know how important it is for you to create the right atmosphere for teaching and Way Art Yonder Studio takes great pride in managing the the details of your workshop, so you don't have to worry about anything except teaching!
At Way Art Yonder Studio, you'll find:
- A beautiful newly-remodeled studio to teach in
- A positive teaching environment
- Event marketing on social media & via our private mailing list
- Professional and custom printed promotional materials
- Smooth registration process
- Communications with attendees
- Space to sell your artwork, books or other products to students
- Set-up and Clean up of teaching spaces
- Audio/Visual technology and equipment available
- Other related event tasks
Way Art Yonder Studio offers ground transportation to and from airport, a beautiful, private guest bedroom with terrace, full private bath, delicious meals, and the option of a hosted reception for our visiting artists/instructors.
Have a request? Let's chat!
Once a month, artists from all over San Diego attend an Open Studio event held at Way Art Yonder Studio.
Are you looking for your "art tribe"? Do you want to create in the company of others? Swap techniques, skills, supplies? Share what you've been working on? Talk about your new favorite art supply?
If you said yes to any of these, plan to join us for our **free** Open Studio at Way Art Yonder!
Open Studio is a casual, drop-in gathering open to students who've attended past WAY workshops and/or for those who'd like to work on their art in the company of others. Artists BYO supplies and projects, and create in an inspiring space with other local artists. You'll find casual skill-shares, inputs and critiques, as well as friendly support.
Interested in attending an Open Studio Event? Send email to RSVP. Address and other info will be forwarded.
Open Studio Events
(DATES MAY CHANGE, CHECK HERE FOR CURRENT DATES)
January 26, 2020
March 29, 2020
April 26, 2020
May 24, 2020
June 28, 2020
July 26, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 27, 2020
October 25, 2020
November 15, 2020
December 6, 2020